5 Clean, Green Swaps Your Family Can Make With No Fuss 0Good health isn't something you can get from a fitness gadget or exotic berry - It's the result of many small, simple habits that improve your lifestyle.
Creating a clean, green environment at home where your family spends so much time is a great place to start.
These 5 simple swaps can help your family feel healthier - with no fuss!
1. Swap Snacks
Get more fruits and vegetables in by swapping processed snacks with fruits and veggies. It's easy to get your "crunch" fix and you have so many options, whether you're craving a sweet or savory snack.
2. Swap Skincare
Many of the ingredients in personal care products are absorbed through the skin and are stored in our bodies - that's pretty scary when you consider that many of the preservatives and fragrances used in conventional products are linked to major health issues. Our award winning skincare line is nontoxic and is never tested on animals.
3. Swap Candles
Candles are the new indoor health no-no - research shows that they can pollute the air in your home just as much as smoking cigarettes! Try solar lights or electric candles for ambiance.
4. Swap Household Goods
Many household cleaners are also made with toxic ingredients. That's why we formulate ours without toxins - so you can breathe easier! Check out the entire collection here.
5. Swap Stress
Stress can impact your health in a major way, so don't forget to take some time to decompress when you need to - especially during this busy time of year.
Top 5 Spring Cleaning Tips from Our CEO 0Spring is the season of renewal and awakening. As the days get longer and warmer, our personal energy and moods improve, leading many of us to open the windows and give our homes a serious scrub down. If you are ready to get started, here are some of my best tips for Spring Cleaning:
- Clean Top to Bottom. In each room, start with your ceilings by sweeping them with a soft duster. Wipe down light fixtures and lightbulbs with a soft cloth. While you are up there, change the batteries in your smoke detectors and the direction of your ceiling fans, if necessary. Most fans have a switch on the base to adjust the rotation. You want to make sure your celling fans are running counterclockwise during these warmer months. Next move to cleaning the walls and all hanging items, then on to all items resting on the floor, then on to the floors.
- Purge Expired items. Tackle your medicine cabinet, your pantry and your refrigerator by disposing of all consumable items that have expired. If you have fruits or veggies that are about to go bad, place them in a Ziploc or container in your freezer. You can use the fruits in smoothies and the veggies in juices or soups. Bonus points for washing the inside of your refrigerator and vacuuming its condenser coils to prevent overheating.
- Declutter. Let it go! Let it go! (Sung on the top of my lungs doing my best Elsa impersonation.) Whether you are taking it room by room or following the now-famous method in the Magical Art of Tidying Up, "Konmari" the heck out of your clothes, papers, books and utensil drawers. Make a commitment every day to declutter a new category of belongings or room in your house until it's done. Donate or recycle what you can. Many charitable organizations do home pick up of donated goods.
- Add Some Houseplants to Liven and Clean Up the Place. Not only are they great for your home’s Feng Shui, houseplants are also great air purifiers. Plants absorb toxins from the air and release fresh oxygen. Boston Fern, Palm Trees and English Ivy are some of your best bets.
- Stock up on Celadon Road’s Green Cleaners. Celadon Road’s all natural and organic cleaners are a great choice for Spring Cleaning your home. Our cleaners are scented only with essential oils – no hospital masks necessary! To get started, I recommend an All-Purpose Cleaner, Glass Cleaner and a natural scrubbing cloth. We've got the best products for every room in your house.
Beat the heat with these all-natural beach beauty must-haves 0
Memorial Day weekend is often seen as the unofficial kick-off to summer. With still two weeks to go, before the Summer Solstice, now is the perfect time to prep your beach bag with some of our very best all-natural sun-protecting solutions! We've rounded up our favorite green beauty products that will both safeguard and nourish your skin, hair and lips all season long:
Celadon Road SPF 30 Sunstick
Perfectly compact + glides on clear = your new all-natural sunscreen BFF! With Celadon Road's SPF 30 Sunstick you can apply worry-free. Gone are the days of sticky white streaks, our Sunstick is perfect for face reapplications and better yet, the kids won't complain about having to rub it in. Did you know our Sunstick also smells great?! No chemical-laden smells, just pure coconut...umm, yum! It's nourishing too -- its list of organic ingredients includes essential oils that give your skin the extra loving attention it needs.
And in case you missed it, all of Celadon Road's sunscreen solutions made the Environmental Working Group's list of recommended, safe, sunscreen products! The EWG Guide to Sunscreens makes it easier than ever to find the perfect sunscreen solution for you and your whole family, rating products based on their effectiveness, use of healthy ingredients and more. We're proud to say our sunscreen solutions all have scored a 1 - signifying that they are a top choice for sun protection, offer excellent UVA protection and include ingredients with low health concern.
Celadon Road Green Alligator SPF 15 Lip Balm Trio
Smiley kids (and moms...and dads...) have happy lips! Formulated with the world’s tiniest lips in mind, Celadon Road’s Green Alligator Lip Balm uses only Certified Organic ingredients; meaning, this moisturizing stick of magic is free of GMOs, petroleum and gluten. Available in a set of three - Mixed Berry, Sweet Mint and Unscented - this kid and eco-friendly lip elixir is sure to earn you smiles galore while offering much-needed sun protection.
Celadon Road Certified Organic Hair Oil
For those of you who have ever doubted the idea that adding oil to your hair can actually be beneficial…meet your new secret weapon. Celadon Road Certified Organic Hair Oil features a near-miraculous combination of almond, jojoba, argan, citrus and other essential oils and is designed to slow hair loss, thinning and even greying, thanks to powerful antioxidants that also encourage new cells and strengthen hair to reduce breakage as it grows. Use it as a hot oil treatment while sitting poolside or at the beach, as an overnight hair mask, or a smoothing serum to tame your seaside locks.
Taking Celadon Road with you to the beach? Tag us in your beach bag and summer vaca shots for a chance to be featured on our social media channels! We hope you all have a fabulous start to the summer season!
- Bold Apps
- Tags: all natural all natural products all natural skincare all natural sunscreen beach beauty beauty essentials Beauty Tips best sunscreen Celadon Road Certified Organic essential oils EWG Guide to Sunscreens green beauty hair oil hot oil treatment non-toxic sunscreen organic safe sunscreen Skincare SPF 15 Lip Balm SPF 30 Sunstick sun protection