Top 5 Spring Cleaning Tips from Our CEO
Spring is the season of renewal and awakening. As the days get longer and warmer, our personal energy and moods improve, leading many of us to open the windows and give our homes a serious scrub down. If you are ready to get started, here are some of my best tips for Spring Cleaning:
- Clean Top to Bottom. In each room, start with your ceilings by sweeping them with a soft duster. Wipe down light fixtures and lightbulbs with a soft cloth. While you are up there, change the batteries in your smoke detectors and the direction of your ceiling fans, if necessary. Most fans have a switch on the base to adjust the rotation. You want to make sure your celling fans are running counterclockwise during these warmer months. Next move to cleaning the walls and all hanging items, then on to all items resting on the floor, then on to the floors.
- Purge Expired items. Tackle your medicine cabinet, your pantry and your refrigerator by disposing of all consumable items that have expired. If you have fruits or veggies that are about to go bad, place them in a Ziploc or container in your freezer. You can use the fruits in smoothies and the veggies in juices or soups. Bonus points for washing the inside of your refrigerator and vacuuming its condenser coils to prevent overheating.
- Declutter. Let it go! Let it go! (Sung on the top of my lungs doing my best Elsa impersonation.) Whether you are taking it room by room or following the now-famous method in the Magical Art of Tidying Up, "Konmari" the heck out of your clothes, papers, books and utensil drawers. Make a commitment every day to declutter a new category of belongings or room in your house until it's done. Donate or recycle what you can. Many charitable organizations do home pick up of donated goods.
- Add Some Houseplants to Liven and Clean Up the Place. Not only are they great for your home’s Feng Shui, houseplants are also great air purifiers. Plants absorb toxins from the air and release fresh oxygen. Boston Fern, Palm Trees and English Ivy are some of your best bets.
- Stock up on Celadon Road’s Green Cleaners. Celadon Road’s all natural and organic cleaners are a great choice for Spring Cleaning your home. Our cleaners are scented only with essential oils – no hospital masks necessary! To get started, I recommend an All-Purpose Cleaner, Glass Cleaner and a natural scrubbing cloth. We've got the best products for every room in your house.
- Bold Apps