Valentine's Day: The Ultimate All-Natural Gift Guide 0
Valentine's Day is right around the corner...literally. No matter how you are celebrating, or with who, Celadon Road has compiled our list of the best green, organic, non-toxic gifts - that you can keep or share:
Olive Oil Lip Tints
Available in six gorgeous, luxurious hues, Celadon Road's Olive Oil Lip Tints are carmine free, gluten free, and made with Certified Organic ingredients to the highest USDA/NOP standards. With so many controversial reports and personal experiences being shared by women across the country, why should you have to second guess what you put on your lips? Our lip tints are made with organic oils, beeswax and herbs – and they’re even flavored with organic peppermint oil for that cool rush you’ve come to enjoy!
Certified Organic Lip Scrub
If you like Pina Coladas (...or Lemonade!) you will love our lip scrubs. Celadon Road’s Sugar Lip Scrubs are certified USDA organic and crafted from natural exfoliating sugars, soothing oils, and chemical-free flavors and extracts. So treat your lips to a little scrub, and prepare for some delightfully smooth and silky lips!
Safe, non-toxic fragrance...say what?! Celadon Road has developed a ground- breaking collection of botanical perfumes. They’re inspired by the world around us and designed with an expertly layered complexity – yet crafted only from the finest all-natural essential oils and organic ingredients. Although it's available in five lovely scents, we've selected Vanilla Sandalwood! There’s something heady about the inviting warmth of this divine scent. Rich, edible notes like dark cocoa and creamy vanilla play off earthy amber and sultry sandalwood, with a hint of citrus and coriander that keeps it from overpowering.
Certified Organic Face Oil
Remember the first time you heard of face oils, and wondered why anyone would want a skin treatment made from the very stuff you’re trying to prevent? By now, we all know that the right product can soothe skin and reduce breakouts – and that’s just what Celadon Road’s Certified Organic Face Oil is created to do. Packed with circulation-stimulating, cell-growth-encouraging jojoba and almond oils (that owe their beneficial properties to powerful antioxidants, along with fresh, calming essentials like rosehip and clary sage,) you can't go wrong when adding this powerful little tool to your skincare regime.
Brave the Elements with Celadon Road's Winter Skin Survival Pack 0
The winter can be harsh -- wind burnt cheeks, dry cracked hands, brittle hair, chapped lips. And it's not just those of us who spend time skiing and sledding that are at risk; winter weather also results in cranked up heaters and more frequent fireplace use, which means dry air in your home. That's where Celadon Road steps in. We've got a few great products, that when combined will bring you amazing skin year-round. Take a peek:
With the essence of pure essential oils, it takes only 1-2 tablespoons of Celadon Road's low-sudsing laundry detergent to work it's all-natural magic on any dreaded laundry mountain! Use in regular or high efficiency washers. (Dissolves in water for washing floors and walls too!) An all-natural family formula, this detergent was originally created to ease the suffering of a child with eczema aggravated by commercial laundry products.
Soak in the essence of natural beauty with our body lotion. From its fresh, crisp scent to it's all-over soothing moisture, this proprietary formula of Certified Organic, naturally crafted, sustainably grown, therapeutic-grade essential oils will bring spa-inspired quality into your home daily! A little goes a long way with this ultra-rich formula.
Magic in a bottle! With essential fatty acids, naturally occurring Vitamin A and free radical fighting Tocopherol, Celadon Road's Argan Oil protects and restores hair, skin and even nails.
#HolidayGiftGuide: Gifts That Will Make Your Best Friend Glow 0
Girlfriends are like sisters...sometimes your besties may even feel like your soulmate. These are the ladies that you can always count on no matter what. They are by your side when you laugh, when you need a good cry and most importantly when you need help looking your absolute best. Long story short, their advice and support is invaluable.
So during this time of holiday gift giving, how do you show your girlfriends just how much you love them? We put together a fool-proof guide of non-toxic, organic gifts that will make your favorite beauties glow from the inside out!
Clarifying Facial Exfoliant
Do your or your bestie struggle with acne-prone skin? Then meet your new secret weapon: noncomedogenic, non-irritating jojoba oil. Moisturize, clean, exfoliate, and help calm acne-prone skin without causing inflammation, thanks to jojoba beads and hard-working alpha acids.
Clarifying Facial Serum
“Strong but gentle” is alive and well in our Clarifying Facial Serum, and problem skin in particular will love the combination. It’s filled with concentrated vitamins and powerful antioxidants, and penetrates deep to deliver where your skin needs it most. So close your eyes, apply a thin layer, and let this highly capable serum do what it does best.
Age Defying Moisturizer
Of course mature skin needs moisture – dare we say that falls under the heading of “no-brainer”? But you’ve got smarts to spare, not to mention a great moisturizer in your corner. After cleansing and toning, apply moisturizer in a thin layer using circular, upward motions. Featuring aloe, witch hazel, carrot, coconut and more, your skin will certainly thank you.
Certified Organic Hair Oil
We all have bad hair days – and sometimes, they’re caused by bad hair products. Not so with Celadon Road’s Certified Organic Hair Oil, featuring near-miraculous combination of almond, jojoba, argan, citrus and other essential oils. It’s a blend designed to slow hair loss, thinning and even greying, thanks to powerful antioxidants that also encourage new cells and strengthen hair to reduce breakage as it grows. Use as a hot oil treatment, an overnight hair mask, or a smoothing serum.
Olive Oil Lip Tints
We all know licking our lips makes them more chapped, not less. But if you’ve ever stopped to consider what you’re ingesting when you sweep on those chemical-filled, waxy sticks…yuck. Our lip balms are made with organic oils, beeswax and herbs – and they’re even flavored with organic peppermint oil for that cool rush you’ve come to enjoy! Best of all, these six gorgeous hues are carmine free, gluten free, and made with Certified Organic ingredients to USDA/NOP standards. Treat your bestie to the entire set – six different shades for every mood.
Eau de Parfum
Today's perfumes are exposing you to any of 600+ industrial chemicals – labeled under the guise of “fragrance” – that can cause some pretty nasty symptoms and potentially dangerous medical conditions. At the same time, simply dabbing on one-note oils doesn’t feel or smell as sophisticated as it should. That’s why Celadon Road has developed a ground- breaking collection of botanical perfumes. They’re inspired by the world around us and designed with an expertly layered complexity – yet crafted only from the finest all-natural essential oils and organic ingredients.
Our pick for the holidays happens to be Lemon Spice, which boasts a refined citrus blend, with piquant, pepper middle notes and sultry base of patchouli and cedar wood. But be sure to check out our full collection for a scent that fits your BFF to-a-t.
Alongside some of our favorites listed above, Celadon Road also offers a host of additional organic skincare, beauty and even eco-concious jewelry options, making it easier than ever to find the perfect gift for each and every girlfriend on your list.
Happy shopping and happy holidays!
#CleanGreen: Understanding the Toxins in Your Home 0Recently we talked about air quality and how to 'grow' fresh air. So by now, you’re probably wondering what brings these toxins into your home? Here are several toxins found in homes and the culprits that bring them in:
- Household cleaners: contribute to indoor air pollution and, according to the Consumer Product Safety Commission, harbor more than 150 carcinogenic chemicals that can lead to birth defects, cancer and psychological disorders. Consider replacing them with natural, organic, non-toxic products. The EPA reports that household cleaners increase the risk of cancer by 3 times.
- Formaldehyde: carpets, caulking, ceiling tiles, draperies, fabrics, facial tissues, grocery bags, floor coverings, gas stoves, grocery bags, paints, paper towels, permanent press clothing, upholstery.
- Xylene/toluene: adhesives, computer VDU screens, printers, photocopies, floor coverings, particleboard, stains and varnishes, wall coverings.
- Benzene: adhesives, ceiling tiles, printers, floor coverings, paints, particleboard, tobacco smoke, stains and varnishes, wall coverings.
- Chloroform: chlorinated tap water.
- Ammonia: cleaning products, printers, photocopiers.
- Alcohols: carpeting, cosmetics, floor coverings, paints, particleboard, stains and varnishes
- Acetone: cosmetics, nail polish remover, office correction fluid, pre-printed paper forms.
- Pesticides: are harmful to pets, humans and the environment. Use organic pest control measures for home and garden instead.
- Dust and dirt from outside: using a door mat cuts down the toxic lead dust levels in a home virtually in half and taking off your shoes before entering your home cuts the toxic dust down by 60%.
Oil...For Your Face? 0
Remember the first time that you heard of face oils? You probably gasped in shock, wondering why anyone would want a skin treatment made from the very stuff you're trying to prevent. But believe it or not, adding the right oil to your skincare regime can actually help prevent a slick situation. The proper product can soothe skin, reduce fine lines and prevent breakouts -- and that's just what Celadon Road's Certified Organic Face Oil is created to do. Your skin will glow from circulation-stimulating, cell-growth encouraging jojoba and almond oils that owe their beneficial properties to powerful antioxidants, along with fresh, calming essentials like rosehip and clary sage.
To help you get started we're sharing out favorite ways to leverage face oil and nourish gorgeous skin:
- As a night cap. After cleansing, warm a few drops of Celadon Road's Certified Organic Face Oil in your palm and massage gently into your face and neck. We also love to add a bit of moisturizer on top; try our Clearly Lemon or Age Defying Moisturizer for a special, green treat!
- Smooth sailing. Your face holds tension, and it shows! Use your facial oil to give yourself the ultimate facial massage -- even just five minutes can make a world of a difference. Start by adding a few drops to your palms and inhale deeply, extending the your breath as you let tension drain away. Next, using your finger tips, circle around your eyes, across your forehead and along your jaw-line. Work around tense areas with soft, sweeping movements as you literally smooth away the stress.
- Before you lather up. Protect, soften skin and enjoy the aroma of your facial oil by smoothing it over your face, and neck before hopping in the shower. Allow the oil to sink in while you run warm water, then enjoy a silky aromatic shower.
3 Fabulous Summer Hair Care Tips to Adopt Now 0As the weather warms and the sun shines a bit brighter, for many of us our first thought is sunscreen. We’ve been educated on the harsh side effects of constant sun exposure on our skin – but what about our hair? Did you know that, excessive sun exposure is the most frequent cause of hair shaft's structural impairment? According to the National Center for Biotechnology Information (NCBI), photochemical impairment of the hair includes degradation and loss of hair proteins as well as damage to hair pigment. Luckily, there are a handful of all-natural, easy-to-follow tips to prevent damage to your scalp and locks; check out our favorites as you prep for the Spring and Summer months:
Wash you hair immediately after excessive exposure. Whether it was a simple, quick dip in the pool or you spent a long day at the beach, washing your hair right away is one of the best things you can do to prevent further damage to your hair. Washing your hair helps to eliminate further UV damage while ridding your locks of any impurities. With that said, washing your hair doesn’t necessarily mean loading up on shampoo – cutting back on shampoo during the warmer months is actually recommended! Using less shampoo, or switching to an all-natural, chemical-free solution, will actually allow your scalp’s natural oil production to re-balance itself. This is especially vital for natural moisture during summer weather.
In need of a safe, organic shampoo? Celadon Road Shampoo is here to save the day…with a fresh crisp scent and a thoughtful blend of wild-crafted, therapeutic grade essential oils, our shampoo is a fabulous way to bring an organic shine to your already luminous locks! Better yet, our special formula is made up of an ingredient list you actually recognize and can pronounce.
- Keep it loose and protected. You may not realize it, but how you wear your hair matter too. Extended heat from straighteners, curling irons and blow dryers add to the damage already created by the sun. Not to mention that tight twists and extensive up-dos can cause brittle, dry hair to break. Your best bet – loose and flow-y. Try a gentle braid or low, relaxed bun. It’s also recommended, for days where you’ll be outside for extra sun-soaked hours, that you protect your scalp with a hat or scarf.
- When in doubt, deep condition. For those of you who have ever doubted the idea that adding oil to your hair can actually be beneficial…meet your new secret weapon. Celadon Road Certified Organic Hair Oil features a near-miraculous combination of almond, jojoba, argan, citrus and other essential oils and is designed to slow hair loss, thinning and even greying, thanks to powerful antioxidants that also encourage new cells and strengthen hair to reduce breakage as it grows. Use it as a hot oil treatment, an overnight hair mask, or a smoothing serum.