3 Reasons To Use a Face Mask, Right Now 0Incorporating a face mask 1 to 2 times weekly can have some surprising results, and not just for women.
Oil...For Your Face? 0
Remember the first time that you heard of face oils? You probably gasped in shock, wondering why anyone would want a skin treatment made from the very stuff you're trying to prevent. But believe it or not, adding the right oil to your skincare regime can actually help prevent a slick situation. The proper product can soothe skin, reduce fine lines and prevent breakouts -- and that's just what Celadon Road's Certified Organic Face Oil is created to do. Your skin will glow from circulation-stimulating, cell-growth encouraging jojoba and almond oils that owe their beneficial properties to powerful antioxidants, along with fresh, calming essentials like rosehip and clary sage.
To help you get started we're sharing out favorite ways to leverage face oil and nourish gorgeous skin:
- As a night cap. After cleansing, warm a few drops of Celadon Road's Certified Organic Face Oil in your palm and massage gently into your face and neck. We also love to add a bit of moisturizer on top; try our Clearly Lemon or Age Defying Moisturizer for a special, green treat!
- Smooth sailing. Your face holds tension, and it shows! Use your facial oil to give yourself the ultimate facial massage -- even just five minutes can make a world of a difference. Start by adding a few drops to your palms and inhale deeply, extending the your breath as you let tension drain away. Next, using your finger tips, circle around your eyes, across your forehead and along your jaw-line. Work around tense areas with soft, sweeping movements as you literally smooth away the stress.
- Before you lather up. Protect, soften skin and enjoy the aroma of your facial oil by smoothing it over your face, and neck before hopping in the shower. Allow the oil to sink in while you run warm water, then enjoy a silky aromatic shower.
3 Fabulous Summer Hair Care Tips to Adopt Now 0As the weather warms and the sun shines a bit brighter, for many of us our first thought is sunscreen. We’ve been educated on the harsh side effects of constant sun exposure on our skin – but what about our hair? Did you know that, excessive sun exposure is the most frequent cause of hair shaft's structural impairment? According to the National Center for Biotechnology Information (NCBI), photochemical impairment of the hair includes degradation and loss of hair proteins as well as damage to hair pigment. Luckily, there are a handful of all-natural, easy-to-follow tips to prevent damage to your scalp and locks; check out our favorites as you prep for the Spring and Summer months:
Wash you hair immediately after excessive exposure. Whether it was a simple, quick dip in the pool or you spent a long day at the beach, washing your hair right away is one of the best things you can do to prevent further damage to your hair. Washing your hair helps to eliminate further UV damage while ridding your locks of any impurities. With that said, washing your hair doesn’t necessarily mean loading up on shampoo – cutting back on shampoo during the warmer months is actually recommended! Using less shampoo, or switching to an all-natural, chemical-free solution, will actually allow your scalp’s natural oil production to re-balance itself. This is especially vital for natural moisture during summer weather.
In need of a safe, organic shampoo? Celadon Road Shampoo is here to save the day…with a fresh crisp scent and a thoughtful blend of wild-crafted, therapeutic grade essential oils, our shampoo is a fabulous way to bring an organic shine to your already luminous locks! Better yet, our special formula is made up of an ingredient list you actually recognize and can pronounce.
- Keep it loose and protected. You may not realize it, but how you wear your hair matter too. Extended heat from straighteners, curling irons and blow dryers add to the damage already created by the sun. Not to mention that tight twists and extensive up-dos can cause brittle, dry hair to break. Your best bet – loose and flow-y. Try a gentle braid or low, relaxed bun. It’s also recommended, for days where you’ll be outside for extra sun-soaked hours, that you protect your scalp with a hat or scarf.
- When in doubt, deep condition. For those of you who have ever doubted the idea that adding oil to your hair can actually be beneficial…meet your new secret weapon. Celadon Road Certified Organic Hair Oil features a near-miraculous combination of almond, jojoba, argan, citrus and other essential oils and is designed to slow hair loss, thinning and even greying, thanks to powerful antioxidants that also encourage new cells and strengthen hair to reduce breakage as it grows. Use it as a hot oil treatment, an overnight hair mask, or a smoothing serum.